Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe Featuring Our Cauliflower Bites
Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 45 min
This Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese is simple, creamy and veggie-filled. Our Cauliflower Bites give this dish a nice crunch you won't be able to resist. Gluten Free, Dairy Free and so delicious.
- 2 1/2 cups dried gluten-free macaroni
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup peeled and diced russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup peeled and diced carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water (from pot of boiled veggies)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1.4 ounce bag of Rhythm Sea Salt Cauliflower Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package, drain and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Place cashews and chopped potatoes, carrots and onion into the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Once the vegetables are soft enough to blend, add 3/4 cup of water from the pot to your blender, drain excess water and add veggies and cashews to your blender.
- Add in nutritional yeast flakes, nondairy milk, garlic powder, vegan butter, salt and lemon juice to your blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce from your blender over your cooked macaroni noodles, mix, then transfer to a baking dish.
- Chop Rhythm Cauliflower Bites into bread crumb sized pieces, sprinkle over the top of the macaroni, and put into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crumbs are golden brown.
- Let cool, serve and enjoy!